BEAR Nation Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ice Cold Gold

Go down

Ice Cold Gold Empty Ice Cold Gold

Post  Chief Thinking Bear Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:57 am

New show on animal planet about American gold miners in Greenland. Watched first episode and it was good. They are also looking for diamonds and rubies. It should be good as long as they keep it real and don't concentrate on drama. Very interested on if they will find anything. Oh yeah there first attempted at panning on Greenland and they had already found gold in the first pan.
Chief Thinking Bear
Chief Thinking Bear

Back to top Go down

Ice Cold Gold Empty Greenland mining

Post  Chief Thinking Bear Tue May 14, 2013 1:39 am

I did some research on mining and explorational permits. Greenland has a lot of paperwork and fees involved in starting a mining company in Greenland. The environment is harsh to say the least. The wind, the cold and the bugs are just the beginning. The terrain is down right dangerous, loose rocks that can cause rock slides or just cause you to twist an ankle. I also found out that Chinese mining companies are trying to start up in Greenland. Currently most mining companies are based out of Canada. I think bringing Chinese Companies may be a bad idea due to what the Chinese Companies have done in other countries, ignoring regulations and local governments even killing those that get in there way. Greenland's population is made up of mainly Inuit's and the population is around 89,000. Bringing in the Chinese would probably be a very bad idea. I would love to explore Greenland some day.
Chief Thinking Bear
Chief Thinking Bear

Back to top Go down

Ice Cold Gold Empty Episode Update

Post  Chief Thinking Bear Tue May 21, 2013 12:56 am

Caught this Sundays episode and they found a promising location for gold. Next episode it looks like they may find rubies. Unfortunately the crew is running out of time and resources.
Chief Thinking Bear
Chief Thinking Bear

Back to top Go down

Ice Cold Gold Empty Rubies found

Post  Chief Thinking Bear Thu May 30, 2013 3:03 am

Well they did it. They found rubies and the prospects look good for next season.
Chief Thinking Bear
Chief Thinking Bear

Back to top Go down

Ice Cold Gold Empty Re: Ice Cold Gold

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down