BEAR Nation Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gold in Nh

2 posters

Go down

Gold in Nh Empty Gold in Nh

Post  Chief Thinking Bear Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:37 am

NH is not a great place to find gold in comparison to Alaska, California, Georgia or Nevada. Most people are unaware that there has been veins of gold found in Andover, Springfield and in the White Mountains. Gold can be found all over the state, but most places are not worth the effort. The Ammonoosuc River near Bath is one of the few places where you may find small pickers. The majority of gold in the State has been found along the Connecticut River and in Grafton County. If anyone is interested in panning let me know. I have pans and teach how to use them.
Chief Thinking Bear
Chief Thinking Bear

Back to top Go down

Gold in Nh Empty Test panning

Post  Chief Thinking Bear Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:47 am

I have tested a few streams and rivers for gold and have only found garnets. I would still like to test out other areas. If anyone knows of any outcroppings of quartz, it is good place to look for gold veins. A small vein could add up quick at todays prices.
Chief Thinking Bear
Chief Thinking Bear

Back to top Go down

Gold in Nh Empty Re: Gold in Nh

Post  O'Flynn Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:47 pm

I never panned for anything I always ended up chasing veins but I would love to try it
O'Flynn
O'Flynn
Admin

https://bearnation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Gold in Nh Empty Re: Gold in Nh

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down